Thursday 15 March 2012

GARMENT

I decided to make a skirt for this project and it was going to be made out of my PVC and using the techniques I have done in my samples. I have NEVER before made a garment never so it was going to be a challenge for me and I feel really proud of myself for being able to do it.

This is my skirt finished and completed! I decided to mainly use the silver PVC fabric as it was my favourite fabric to work with. On the front panel I then decided to have a section of the yellow as I couldnt not use it, as again its really nice to work with. The pleats in the skirt took a while to do as I have never done anything like this before but they worked on the mock up so I wasn't worried! On the front panel I ironed on the Dinosaur foot image I have used in my sketch book as a cut and paste image. It was one of my favourite images I used so I thought it had to be used on my skirt. Against the Silver it looks really good too!
On the yellow I did the herring bone pattern with the CD's as the contrast colours work really well I think I am really happy with this section its my favourite part of the skirt!



HERRING BONE COUCHING OF CD PIECES


DINOSAUR FOOT


On the back of the skirt I decided to do some material manipulation of the silver PVC doing the punching I did in some of my samples. On the silver PVC it works the best and I am pleased with the texture you get from it. I have done two panels of the punching on the back of the skirt and it is simple but with the front the skirt doing the talking the back being simple doesnt matter. 


This is what my skirt looks like as a whole on the back! Kinda tacky but I like it!


This is a close up of the zip I have put it, again I have NEVER done a zip before and I was so proud of myself it only took me an hour once I'd youtubed it to find out how you do it! I'm so impressed with myself! 


I am really happy with how my garment looks like, fabric choice, manipulation of the fabric and the style of the garment too I'm really pleased! For not knowing anything about fashion i think I have pulled it out of the bag! YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment